As per the Alberta Government’s announcement yesterday (May 4, 2021) regarding the provincial mandatory shift to at-home learning for kindergarten to grade twelve students, this correspondence provides greater detail and clarification of what the next two weeks will look like.
First and foremost, we extend our sincere appreciation to our students, families, staff and communities. This ever-changing landscape impacts everyone and we are extremely grateful for the continued patience and understanding of all our school communities.
Please note that it is expected, and very much encouraged that students participate fully in at-home learning as outlined in PRSD’s Scenario 3 School Relaunch Plan. Grades will be given for assignments, quizzes and projects that will go toward each student’s final mark. View PRSD’s Scenario 3 School Relaunch Plan in detail HERE.
- May 6, 2021 – Last day of in-person classes for kindergarten – grade 12 students prior to the provincially mandated shift to at-home learning.
- May 7, 2021 – May 24, 2021 – All classes (Kindergarten to grade 12) will shift to PRSD’s Scenario 3 School Relaunch Plan (at-home learning).
- May 25, 2021 – Kindergarten to grade 12 students return to in-person classes at school.
● Technology will be loaned to families who require it for online learning. This is being coordinated by the school.
● For families without reliable internet services, schools will share plans whereby packages of materials will be developed and made available for students, and for students to return any required work for feedback and grading.
● Students enrolled in early learning programs and students with special needs and/or high-risk circumstances in kindergarten to grade 12 will continue to be provided with in-person programming at the school.
● School Bus services for students enrolled in early learning programs and that have special needs and/or high-risk circumstances (who normally ride the school bus) remains in operation. Parents are to contact their local school to make arrangements.
● PRSD School Social Workers will provide mental health support via single phone sessions for students who are struggling. The 15-30 minute phone sessions can be coordinated by parents by speaking with their child’s teacher.
● Students enrolled in Career and Technology Studies (CTS) courses will continue their studies with modified learning at the discretion of the teacher.
● Peace Regional Outreach Campus and Fairview and Area Learning Store will remain open with no disruption to the current structure and schedule.
● Individual students in kindergarten to grade 12 may attend the school by appointment for additional help, to use resources, or gather materials.
● School bus transportation services for students in kindergarten to grade 12 (who normally ride the school bus) is available for students who have an appointment at the school. For transportation to transition the routes smoothly for pick up, the PRSD transportation department must be notified 48 hours in advance of the appointment. Parents/students are to contact their local school to make arrangements.
● Staffing levels and funding remain intact.
Peace River School Division remains committed to meeting government requirements to ensure the safety and well-being of our school communities. Thank you for your ongoing patience, understanding and support as we coordinate and plan according to the new requirements.