Youth Support Resources
In-Person Mental and Emotional Help (PRSD)
If you or someone you know is struggling socially or emotionally, there are many people who can support you:
- A trusted adult at your school.
- Our school Youth Education Support Worker or iCoach.
- Our Peace River School Division Social Workers: Ask your school administration for more information.
- Mental Health Walk-in Clinic Peace River: 780-624-6151 - Walk-in clinic on Thursdays. Call between 8-9 am to book a session for the same day.
24/7 Kids Help Phone (or Text, or Facebook Messenger, or Live Chat)
Kids Help Phone offers private, judgement-free mental health support for youth. If you just need to talk to someone, whether the issue is big or small, their trained counsellors and crisis responders are there to listen 24/7.
The Kids Help Phone website also offers a wide range of articles, tools and resources to help young people through challenges or experiences they might face.
ConnecTeen: peer support (phone, chat, text or email)
ConnecTeen is a confidential peer support service for youth. Phone, chat, text and email options are available.
More Youth Support Organizations
This document contains a full list of organizations that students may find helpful. For example:
- Are you (or someone you know) being bullied verbally, socially or physically? Call Bully Free Alberta at 1-888-456-2323 (Toll Free)
- Are you (or someone you know) being abused verbally, emotionally, sexually or physically by another person? Call the Child Abuse Hotline at 1-800-387-5437 (KIDS)
- Are you (or someone you know) thinking of harming yourself? Call the Crisis Suicide Hotline at 1-800-232-7288
- Are you (or someone you know) having troubles with alcohol, drugs, gambling or other addiction? Call the Alberta Health Services Addiction and Mental Health Services - Peace River & Area at 1-780-624-6151 or 1-877-823-6433 (toll free), OR choose from other options such as the Addictions Helpline, Alcohol Anonymous or Narcotics Anonymous
- Are you (or someone you know) the victim of sexual assault? Call or text Alberta's One Line for sexual violence at 1-866-403-8000
- Are you (or someone you know) indigenous and in need of support? Call the Indigenous Youth Crisis Hotline at 1-877-209-1266
- Are you (or someone you know) in need of support due to your sexual orientation? Call the LGBTQ Help Line at 1-800-688-4765