Library Learning Commons
Due to COVID-19 safety precautions, our school Library Learning Commons is being used as a classroom throughout the day and will be closed to "walk-in traffic" other than scheduled high school "spare" students. We anxiously await the time that we can return to normal operations. In the meantime, students are encouraged to continue reading and learning by requesting books through the Follett Destiny Library Catalog and/or the Sora Digital Library.
Borrow Books from the School LLC
Due to COVID-19 precautions, our school library learning commons is currently closed to "walk in" traffic. Students who would like to borrow materials from our school library should:
- Follow the link below and select Paul Rowe Jr./Sr. High School from the list of PRSD schools.
- On the top right corner of the screen, choose "Log In", then "Sign in with Google"
- Enter PRSD email and password if prompted
- Enter search terms in the box. If desired, choose a limiter (title, author, subject, etc.) Helpful hint: spelling counts!
Too many results?
Results may also be refined by choosing which material type is preferred on the search page. For example, book or serial (eg. regularly scheduled publications such as comics and magazines)Sort results by call number, date, status, etc.
- On the right hand side of the results page, each title will indicate if it is currently available. Holds can still be placed on unavailable materials, however they cannot be filled until the material becomes available again.
- To view more information about a title or place a hold, click the title. The "Hold It" button is at the top right of the screen.
Borrow E-books & Audiobooks (PRSD Sora Digital Library)
Students who would like to borrow E-books and Audiobooks from the PRSD Sora Digital Library:
- Follow the link below and choose the button "My school is Peace River School Division" then choose "Sign In".
- Sign in with your PRSD email.
- Browse the site to find books by category or use the "Search for a Book" bar at the top of the page.
- From the results page, students may choose from options including: borrow, read sample or add to list. Students may also choose to use the "Refine" button to limit results.
- Once a title has been borrowed, it will appear on the "Shelf". Students may choose to "Open Book" or select "Options" to renew, return, etc.
Tips: some Sora settings may be customized in the "General Settings". These settings include accessibility features such as language, dyslexic font, high contrast display and more.
Have a personal device? Consider adding the Sora app from your app store to your device.
LLC Conduct Expectations
Every person has the right to a safe and comfortable learning environment.
Our Library Learning Commons caters to variety of user types, often simultaneously.
For this reason, conduct expectations have been established for all library users:
- All staff, students and visitors are expected to demonstrate respect for S.O.L.E. (Self, Others, Learning and Environment).
- ALL books, equipment and materials must be "checked out" appropriately before they are removed from the room.
- Students who are "in class" are expected to focus on their school work and follow general classroom rules. For example: electronics, seating plans, etc.
- Food and drink is permitted so long as care is taken to prevent damage to property and no messes are left behind
LLC users will be instructed in procedures that support these expectations.
Mrs. L.'s LLC Website Link
Visit Mrs. L.'s Library Learning Common's website to find links for borrowing books, suggest book titles, visit the Virtual Learning Commons (AKA Homework Help pages), view her Instagram feed, find out how to order Scholastic books online and more!
NOTE: This website will be replaced soon, in favor of a format similar to our new school website.